Directions for Use
The following is a list of some of the more popular uses of our product and directions on how to use it properly:
- Perennials - Above their root zone, use 1/2 cup of earthworm poop into the soil. Wield in spring, summer and fall.
- Vegetables & Annuals (flowers) - Apply 1-2 inches of earthworm poopoo along bottom. Add 1/2 cup for every plant every 2 months.
- New seeds & Potted Plants - 1 part earthworm poopoo, 3 parts soil.
- Established Hanging & Potted Plants - To top of soil, add 1-2 inches. Redoo every 2 or 3 months.
- New Lawns - wield 10 pounds for every 100 sq. ft. Put onto topsoil and water well.
- Established Lawns - Spread on top with 10 pounds for every 100 sq. ft.
- Established Roses - For every plant, wield 3-4 cups of earthworm poopoo into soil below surface.
- New Roses, Trees, Berries, & Shrubs - Mix 1 part to 3 parts soil. Apply in new dug hole and spread roots over the mix.
- Casting Tea - For 24 hours, soak 1 part earthworm poopoo to 3 parts water, aerate if possible, and spray (added molasses may help to adhere to plants better).
What are Earthworm Castings?
Earthworm castings organic fertilizer is an all purpose natural fertilizer that comes to you straight from nature with no alterations whatsoever. Our nightcrawlers are fed a very rich organic material. The earthworms digest this material and in its' passage through the worm, it is beneficially altered both chemically and physically. The end product is "super humus" an extremely fertile organic fertilizer properly conditioned for best root growth, containing in rich proportion and water soluble form, all the elements required of the earth for optimum plant nutrition.
Earthworm castings, as stated, contain rich proportions of water soluble nutrients. This is a primary reason for being able to provide incredible results. Our earthworm castings allow plants to quickly and easily absorb all essential nutrients. This is possible because the earthworm grinds and uniformly mixes the nutrients into simple forms, so plants need only minimal effort to obtain them. This is not the case with most other natural fertilizers. Though they may have many nutrients and/or higher analyses, the ability of plants to optimally use them is limited because they are not broken down to the degree in which the earthworm is able to provide them.
As well as an abundance of available nutrients, our earthworm castings also provide a perfect mix of nutrients that are not readily available, but present for long term nutritional needs. This allows plants to feed as needed for weeks and months at a time, depending on the plant.
Chemical fertilizers usually provide only available synthetic nutrients, much of which are quickly lost into the soil with watering, as a plants' root system can only absorb so much. Chemical fertilizers are most often detrimental to soil microbiology, by-passing and often destroying much of its beneficial microbial and bacterial activity. At the same time, many of these synthetic nutrients are absorbed into your plants and food. Chemical fertilizers and pesticides used in both farms and gardens have become our country's leading cause of water pollution.
The earthworm’s digestive prosess increases nutrition in our castings. These microscopic creatures help different elements of the soil work in conjunction with each other to create healthy, working soil that provides the best possible atmosphere for optimum growth.
Yet another benefit of our earthworm castings is their ability to improve soil structure. These miniature football shaped particles improve aeration of the soil as they don't pack together. This allows roots the ability to grow fast and fibrous which promotes rapid plant growth. It also allows for excellent drainage in soil so roots don't become waterlogged or develop root rot. While improving aeration, our earthworm castings also increases the soil's water retention capacity as they contain absorbent organic matter that holds only the necessary amounts of water needed by the roots, while their shape allows unnecessary water to easily drain.
The simple fact is that earthworm castings were created by nature for the purpose of promoting optimum plant growth and everything required to provide it, is found in them. When you concentrate this odorless, non-burning miracle of nature in greater concentrations than usually found in nature, the results are truly spectacular.
Demand PURE earthworm castings! Demand the BEST earthworm castings! Demand FARMER BROWN'S earthworm castings!